- Prevent and control communicable diseases
- Improve and protect the health and well being of the population
Immunization is the best protection against a number of serious illnesses.
Public Health nurses:
- Administer vaccines for free to target or high-risk groups based on the province’s criteria for eligibility;
- Give advice on immunization and vaccines;
- Monitor immunization requirements for children in licensed daycares and entering school;
- Facilitate other vaccinators’ access to tools and resources;
- Control and coordinate reporting of adverse events following immunization (AEFI).
For information on an immunization record, contact the organization that administered the vaccine directly.