Activity centres for mental health service recipients
In all, 27 activity centres in the province provide the following to people with mental illness:
- A place to meet, share thoughts and develop a sense of belonging;
- Activities to improve wellness and self-esteem and thereby support recovery;
- Social support, self-help, recreational and advocacy activities;
- Help accessing community resources.
Contact information: insert link http://nbmhcn.ca/en/resources/activity-center
CHIMO Helpline: 1-800-667-5005
CHIMO offers telephone support consisting of useful information, support, and referral to over 4000 resources in New Brunswick.
Examples of reasons that people call:
- Relationship conflicts;
- Problems adjusting;
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Housing problems;
- General information and resources for seniors.
Gambling information line: 1-800-461-1234
Information on gambling addiction: 506-856-2444
Addiction Services addresses
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
165 St. Andrew Street, Bathurst
400 rue des Hospitalières, Tracadie
345 Hébert Boulevard, Edmundston
Regional Addiction Services
53 Gallant Drive
Moncton (Horizon Health Network)
81 Albert Street
125 Mapleton Street